Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is comprised of nearly 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City. EOE M/F/D/V
Jacobi Medical Center, the largest public hospital in the Bronx (500+ beds) and a Level 1 Trauma Center is a major academic affiliate and teaching site of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Recognized as the regional hyperbaric center and regional snakebite center for the tri-state area, Jacobi offers state of the art medical care, delivered with compassion, dignity, and respect. From preventive medicine to cutting-edge specialty services, Jacobi provides first class care in a wide range of services and specialties.
- Direct supervision of attending psychiatrists and psychiatric PA staff
- Ensuring the proper medical and PA coverage in CPEP 24/7
- Overseeing the delivery of high quality, evidence-based care and directly working with leaders in the other areas of the department including both in-patient and ambulatory programs, as well as the Emergency Medicine Department
- Assuming an important role in Patient Safety and Clinical Effectiveness
- Providing leadership in undergraduate medical education including active participation in the clinical and didactic teaching of medical students
- Ensuring the teaching environment is welcoming and in concert with the goals of Jacobi Medical Center
- Incident review management and participation in departmental IR meetings
- Working closely with Patient Relations staff when concerns arise
- Reviewing/revising guidelines for standards of care ensuring that CPEP meets the OMH regulations
- Providing leadership for all tours - Provide oversite of Mobil Crisis Team - Oversight of education of PA students and Medical Emergency Department resident rotation.