The primary function is to provide comprehensive, compassionate quality care to the patients. Under supervision of the Site Medical Director with broad latitude for independent judgement and initiative, the Staff Physician is an integral part of the medical team at his/her facility. He/She is expected to take a leading role in the delivery of health care services to our patients. In addition, he/she is responsible for the supervision of the Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners.
- Examines patients, orders or performs appropriate diagnostic tests.
- Provides patient education and counseling covering health status, test results, disease processes and discharge planning.
- Formulates diagnosis, directs or performs appropriate therapeutic treatment and counsels patients.
- Consults with other members of the professional staff as needed.
- Timely completion of documentation in the Electronic Health Record.
- Provides clinical guidance and direction to the house staff and other members of the healthcare team as needed.
- Advises the less experienced members of the professional medical staff.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the Privacy and Security rules outlined in the HIPAA guideline.
- Assists in the establishment and maintenance of standards of performance for physicians and other professional employees working in the service.
- Knowledge of and commitment to achieving facility performance indicator(P.I.) targets.
- Maintains required credentials, current licensure and CME requirements.
- Performs other administrative, professional, consultative duties as needed by the Department Chair person.
- Adheres and conforms to all hospital and departmental guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Adheres to the department attendance policy.
- Complies with and maintains Employee Health Requirements.