The Deputy CMO shall assist the CMO in his or her responsibilities and act as CMO in the event of the disability or unavailability of the CMO. Any such appointment may be withdrawn by the Executive Director in conjunction with the CMO. The deputy CMO will continue to have patient care clinical responsibilities comprising an FTE percentage to be determined on an on-going basis by the Executive Director and the CMO.
The Deputy CMO shall be an active member of the Medical Staff.
The Deputy CMO shall assist the CMO in the following Hospital-wide responsibilities:
- Hospital-wide QA/PI Committee
- Risk Management
- Utilization Review
- Medical Education
- Medical Staff Office credentialing and privileging
- Quality Assurance Committee of the System Board of Directors
- In preparation for the Clinical Case Review meeting, review in detail the Quadramed record and prepare a presentation for the CMO. Include radiologist reports permitting the CMO to review images in PACS. For Behavioral Health cases where no electronic records exists the written record will be reviewed and presented in details.
- In preparation for Clinical Case Review meet with the CMO to review relevant digital videos.
- Identify all physician names and contact numbers involved in the case reviews.
- In response to selected queries from insurance payors review in detail the Quadramed record including lab values and radiology studies. After consultation with the CMO prepare draft response to the inquiry.
- In response to litigation cases, review the medical record in detail, provide names and contact numbers of the physicians involved and arrange a meeting with the CMO.
- Review the Quadramed record of all cases transferred from Metropolitan both to H&H System facilities, and outside facilities. Determine that the Transfer Center was contacted in each instance. If the Transfer Center was not contacted, contact the treating physician to determine the reasons.
- Review the record of all cases referred to the NYC Medical Examiner and document the indication for the referral and whether the case was accepted.
- Obtain copies of a 10% random sampling of all death certificates filed each month and review with the CMO. In conjunction with the Medical Staff Office, Credentials Committee and the CMO will restructure the FPPE and OPPE indicators that comprise the tracking and trending files.
- In conjunction with the Director of Utilization Management review the ED record of selected cases requiring a downgrade after rejection by a managed care payor and review the cases with the CMO.
- Review the records of each walk-out and AMA from the ED with regard to time of arrival, time of triage, Chief compliant, presence or absence of a physician exam, time of departure and if possible to call the patient to inquire why they left the ED. Prepare a weekly report.
- Assist the CMO with any special projects.
- Serve on the PFAC Committee
- Serve on the RRT/Code Blue Committee
- Serve on the Facility Based Collaborative Council
- Together with the CMO assist the Medical Staff with closure of outpatient records.
- Analysis of 30 day readmissions
- Physician Productivity